If you have a large number of domains in Domain Punch Pro, you may want to search for domains based on their length or occurrence of a word. For example, you may want to list and then move all domains that are 7 characters or less into a specific category.
You can do this using the ‘Containing Word’ filer and the ‘Find’ Dialog. Please see the screenshot below.
You can already do this in Watch My Domains ISP using the Find dialog (Ctrl-F keypress). Domain Punch Pro doesn’t use an actual database for storage so the option to do this is slightly different.
- Use web* to find domains that start with the word web
- Use *web to find domains that start end the word web
- Use #9 to find domains that are 9 chars long
- Use #<9 to find domains that are less than 9 chars long
- Use #>9 to find domains that are more than 9 chars long
Permanently Categorizing Filtered Domains
After you have filtered all the domains that you want, you can move them into a category of its own.
- First create a new category by right clicking on the ‘Domain Categories’ tree header (left pane) and selecting ‘Add New Category’.
- Select all the filtered domains in the domain table (right click, ‘Select all domains’ menu)
- Use the Categorize selection (right click, ‘Domain Categories > Categorize Selection’ menu) to move the domains into a category of its own.