We have released the next major version upgrade to Watch My Domains Pro.
It has become very difficult to obtain registrar data for domains registered at GoDaddy because most of the important information is hidden if you do more than a few port 43 whois lookups using whois.godaddy.com.
We have released a simple API based script for obtaining the data for your own domains registered at GoDaddy. You can use this along with any of our domain management software tools.
Please Note: This will work only for your own domains registered at GoDaddy. You can’t use it to find data for domains that belong to other people.
Please see knowledge base article: GoDaddy Whois API
We have updated Watch My Domains Server Edition. You can now receive an email alert whenever the DNA records (A, TXT, NS or MX) are different from the previously recorded values. Please see this KB article for more details.
You can see a list of changes here.
We will be updating Watch My Domains SED again very soon with support for Domain Parking. This is currently under testing.
The next update of Watch My Domains SED v3 will include basic support for domain landing or parked pages with custom templates. The options include…
- Just point all your domains to to a folder called ‘Parked’ in the Watch My Domains installation root and the application will take care of everything else. There is nothing extra to be done.
- Select templates for individual domains or groups of domains
- Add any number of custom templates
- Select the main color theme and background image for the landing or parked page. You can select this for specific domains or for groups of domains
- Include any custom data from your domain portfolio database fields in the landing page.
- Insert any custom text and sales blurbs.
- Configurable contact form
- Add Google Analytics or any other similar service
Happy New Year!
We have a lot of plans for 2017. Here are some of them…
- New major version of Watch My Domains for Mac
- Web and Mac OS X versions of Domain Name Filter Pro
- A membership site that will provide additional TLD related tools and stats
- Three new products… details coming soon.
- and of course regular updates to all our existing products, some will see major version upgrades.
See you soon!
In almost all our domain name related software products, the Whois Server for PRO domains is set to whois.registrypro.pro by default. This has recently stopped working.
The correct whois server for PRO domains is now whois.afilas.net and the search token for unregistered domains is “NOT FOUND“. You can manually make the required changes by right clicking on any PRO domain and selecting “Whois Setup > Basic Whois Settings” in Windows desktop versions or “Registry Whois Setup” in the Mac OS X version.
Whois Server: whois.afilias.net
Search Token: NOT FOUND.
This is useful if your internal network remaps domains to local sites causing the software to report incorrect IP addresses for the domains. You can use the default OpenDNS server addresses (220.127.116.11) or the Google DNS (18.104.22.168). This is applicable only for finding the IP addresses each domain resolves to.
Use the ‘App Settings’ dialog to enable this. Please see the screen shot below.