The first public beta version will be available for download on February 27, 2018
It has been a while since we announced our plans to release Watch My Domains SED v4. Our original plan was to release it in late 2018. Unfortunately we didn’t account for the large number of tests we had to do on a version that is around 3-4 times bigger.
Version 4 has an extremely large number of new features, add to this the code rewrites and we are left with a huge number of unit, integration, system and user interface tests. We also decided to create a comprehensive Application Programming Interface and use only the API for the user interface. This required even more tests.
We also revised some user interface elements after obtaining feedback from some of our corporate customers.
The good news is that we are extremely happy with how this version is shaping up and we hope to have the first release candidate ready by the third week of January.
What’s New in V4
Here are some of the important improvements:
- Support for multiple database back-ends (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- Support for importing and Looking up Domains using registrar APIs (GoDaddy, Namecheap, Dynadot, etc.)
- Support for Importing Data from DNS Providers like DNSMadeEasy
- Control over who can see each data column. You can now define access levels for each data column and specify which user can view the columns.
- Full control over lookup and report scheduling from the user interface. There is no need to add additional cron-jobs to control lookups or generate reports.
- Create Reports in HTML, PDF or CSV formats.
- Complete control over color schemes and fonts.
- Vastly improved user interface.
- Multiple authentication options including SAML / SSO.
Here are some screen shots.