Here is a self explanatory screen shot that explains how you can configure the whois settings for most TLDs. This requires the latest versions of Watch My Domains or Domain Punch Pro, our domain management software tools.
In almost all our domain name related software products, the Whois Server for PRO domains is set to whois.registrypro.pro by default. This has recently stopped working.
The correct whois server for PRO domains is now whois.afilas.net and the search token for unregistered domains is “NOT FOUND“. You can manually make the required changes by right clicking on any PRO domain and selecting “Whois Setup > Basic Whois Settings” in Windows desktop versions or “Registry Whois Setup” in the Mac OS X version.
Whois Server: whois.afilias.net
Search Token: NOT FOUND.
This is useful if your internal network remaps domains to local sites causing the software to report incorrect IP addresses for the domains. You can use the default OpenDNS server addresses (22.214.171.124) or the Google DNS (126.96.36.199). This is applicable only for finding the IP addresses each domain resolves to.
Use the ‘App Settings’ dialog to enable this. Please see the screen shot below.
We have a large number of software products related to domain names and domain name management. So we often get asked questions about what product to buy or if there is a single product that does everything.
There is no single product you can buy, however our products fall into three distinct categories.
If you want to search and filter deleted domain lists from different providers use Domain Name Filter Pro. This will allow you to find good domain names from large lists. You can even import various drop and deletion lists with a single click from within the software. Domain Name Filter Pro is available only for Windows.
If you want to create domain names from keywords and alpha-numeric templates and then check for availability use Domain Name Analyzer Pro (Windows only). Mac OS X users can use Watch My Domains for Mac.
If you want to manage your domain name portfolio and keep track of expiry dates, name servers and a lot of other stuff use one of the domain name portfolio management software products. You can use our handy comparison table to find a suitable domain management solution.
There are some bundle offers too.
Most people and companies don’t register hundreds or thousands of domain names. So we often get emails from people who have five to ten domain names asking if there is a free domain name management solution. The answer is Yes.
We had released Watch My Domains Basic more than an year ago. It is a fully featured version of the Watch My Domains Pro for windows except that it supports only up to 20 domain names. There is no catch, it is completely free to use.
An initial beta version of Watch My Domains SED v3 will be available for download on April 4, 2016. Customers who purchased the earlier v2.x after April 1, 2015 can get a free upgrade to v3.
Watch My Domains SED v3 comes with a number of new features and is an almost 75% rewrite of the previous major version. Here are the major changes.
- Much better visual interface. The fonts are bigger by default, you can also adjust the font size from within the interface.
- Ability to do almost all the configuration and setup from within the main interface itself. You need not go to a separate screen to configure whois or setup data table columns.
- Built-in custom queries. This is similar to the display and lookup SQL options in Watch My Domains ISP (for Windows desktop). You can also quickly turn custom queries into auto-filters.
- Vastly improved sub-domain manager with support for seeing only domains that belong to specific categories. You can also run custom queries from within the subdomain manager.
- Non administrative users can now see an ‘All Domains’ category containing only the domains they are allowed to view / edit. Previously they could only view their specific categories.
- You can now add and edit auto filter queries from within the interface.
- Support for PHP-7 (only for Professional edition at present, PHP 7 support for standard edition will be available as soon as ionCube supports PHP 7)
- Greatly improved Subdomain and SSL certificate management.
- Support for audit log, you can see who logged in, what changes they made etc.
- Ready for other databases, we will be adding support for PostgreSQL and MS SQL soon.
- and lot more…
Most of our domain name management software products are capable of auto configuring to support new global top level domains. However, we often get asked about whois servers for specific TLDs.
We have created a table of almost all TLDs along with whois server and other information. This data is updated daily. You can also search, sort and copy data from the table.